Sunday, April 25, 2010

Here's my Boy!

Look at this big boy. Grady has reached his all time high of 3 lbs and 9.5 ounces! Yeah, little fella, yeah! Mommy tells me that Grady is receiving 28 ml again. The doctors had lowered his intake by 1 ml to help his with the edema. Now he is back up to the 28 again. The nurses continue to add calories to help thicken up our little man. The last time I heard his length was Wednesday and he was 15 inches long. If Grady is anything like his Daddy was when he was little, he will gain weight and then just shoot up an inch or two at a time.

Grady remains on the respirator. He did have his tubing replaced this week. He needed to be moved up a size due to his growth. The nurses told Suzanna that Grady just layed there and let them change his tube. No fuss, no muss. I was glad to hear that he didn't get upset by this. The boy tends to drop his saturation levels when he is not happy and sometimes when he is very happy. I guess we all probably do that, we just don't have a monitor attached to us to tell on us.

The sibling ban has not been lifted as of this weekend. So, unfortunately, Emma did not get to meet Grady. STILL! I do understand the reason, but it is hard on a little girl. She has been terrific about not getting to meet him. I think we are all ready to see what her response is going to be when she finally gets to see her Grady. Yes, he is her Grady. She does plan to share him with the rest of us, though. WHEW!

Well, I am glad that is all I have to report. It is a blessing to know that this little man has so many people praying for him. We can never thank you enough for all the support you give us.

Talk soon,
JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment