Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Boy!


Have you ever??? I love this picture. It is hard to see, but he has his finger touching just under his mouth, on his chin. It is too cute. He is thinking. I don't know if you all are aware of this, but if you click on his picture, you will get an enlarged look. You might be able to see his finger on his chin. Do you know how hard it is NOT to wake this resting child up? I want to just kiss him and nibble on his little jaw and chin!

I took my friend, Kim, to see Grady for the first time. She agrees with me. He is just the cutest little fella'! Once you all get to see and meet him, your heart will melt. He is cute in the pictures, but his personality can't be seen in a still shot. He will kick that left foot out after the nurse covers it up with the lamb skin. It is almost like he waits until she is not suspecting, then he pulls that little foot out. He scrunches up his nose when someone's bells and whistles goes off. And you should see him, when one of his neighbors cries. He does not like that sound one little bit. I wonder where he gets that from???

Grady is getting bigger. He now weighs 3 lbs and 15.5 ounces! He is almost a 4 pounder! Can you believe he has grown this fast? The nurses in the NICU have a lot to do with that. They are so diligent with these babies. A machine goes off and all heads turn to ensure that baby is covered by one of them. I saw one nurse rubbing noses with one of the babies yesterday. Tell me their hearts are not attached! Suzanna gets so many compliments on how cute Grady is. I know several of his nurses are already under his spell!

I am sure you are now wondering what is on top of his head. Yes, it is an IV. Grady needed some fluids and antibiotics. He had to get the IV in the top of his head because they tried once to get it in his arm and it would not go. It looks worse than it really is. This way, it is not where he can reach it and I like that a lot.

While we were there, Grady decided that he wanted to look around some. You may not know this, but now is the time that most babies start to gain control of their eye movement. Well, Grady is doing a pretty good job of controlling his. When one of us spoke to him, he would look at Mommy and then look at me. This is the first time I have seen him looking around so much. I know we looked pretty funny bent over his bed, dodging the shadows on the plexiglass and peeking inside. OK, stop laughing. You would be doing the same thing, I promise.

As always, I want to thank you for your prayers. We have a big week coming up this week, so if you could remember Grady and his parents, in your prayers this week, we will love you for it..... Well, love you more for it.

Talk soon,

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment